Monday, October 02, 2006

Sleepy Head


Sage played hard Sunday morning. When she had finally had enough, she found herself a sunny spot and cuddled up with her "meep meep" and had a little rest. So cozy!
I know all moms think that their children are brilliant, but let me tell you that this little girl is phenomenal! She has taken to singing the alphabet. She knows most of her colors. Green seems to be her favorite. Her daddy likes to wear green shirts because he knows she will poke him and say "neen!" This girl can color too! I am amazed at the time she spends hunched over a sheet of paper with a crayon pressed in her pudgy little hand creating wonderful squiggles (Jess, Brenton, and Grady might say squiggling :) haha, guess you would have had to be there). She always spots Nissan Titans on the road and yells "Daddy!" She used to get excited about diesel trucks, but now not so much. And what a sweetheart, the other night her brother was on timeout, and she kept taking him pieces of popcorn. They look out for each other. She loves her Haydee. Tonight she got a package from her Grandma F, and she was tickled with the princess slippers and light up bracelet. She insisted on wearing the bracelet to bed; I am sure there will be a light show all night long. Her teachers at school tell me that she has amazing verbal skills, well, I guess I shouldn't be to surprised about that, I know her big brother :) Besides, she's my brilliant girl.

1 comment:

Jamie said...

So sweet Lori.
How funny that she just curled up and went to sleep, I love it! I hadn't heard 'meep meep', that is funny.
The other day Kyle said something about pake-pakes and how cute it is when kids say words wrong. Make sure to write them all down so we can laugh about them later!