Monday, September 08, 2008

1st day



Hayden's first day of first grade went well he says. I can't seem to get any details about school from him other than he now gets TWO recesses! Pretty big deal to him! Also, he is excited to be able to eat at school. So far he has mostly taken "cold lunch" but experiments a bit with buying hot lunch and sometimes just milk. He brought me a spork the other day because it came in the pack with a straw and napkin when he got milk and thought it was just too cool and handy to throw away.
I haven't been able to figure out what else happens during the day, it might be a secret because he isn't sharing. Sort of a first for Hayden...
Sage started preschool and loves it. She loves Michelle her teacher and has been waiting all summer to start. She knows a few of the little kids in her class and is busy trying to learn all her new friends names. She brings home cute little worksheets and is so proud of them. She was tickled to wear her Fancy Nancy ensemble the first day. "My shirt says mer-a-see, that means thank you"

4 comments:

Amy said...

I'm happy to hear that there are other children out there who don't want to talk about what they do at school. I have to ask a million questions before I get any info!

Yin said...

hehehe.... Cecilia is the same. I ask and ask just to get a little :(

They both look CUTE!

Jamie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jamie said...

sorry, I typo'd my last comment and had to delete it.

I said that Hayden cracks me up, the spork-saving is too funny!!

We need to get Sage and Avery together in their Merci shirts, they are too cute!