Sunday, September 19, 2010

Windows. I went with clay colored on the advice of my very helpful window guy. He has been really great to work with. My roof is on too. Black. Diego the roofer is awesome! I gave him a bunch of Nectarines and he gave me 2 watermelons. He has a great accent, and helps me when Sage comes home with new Spanish words but doesn't know what they mean.
Bathtub in main bath. I love our plumbers! They are really great guys.
Soffits. That was not a word I knew until just recently. Building a house is a learning experience. Diego the roofer is also our soffit man. They are still a work in progress.




My front door. It needs to be stained, but i love it. I fretted for weeks before picking it out. I decided against any decorative glass and opted for good old fashioned see through kind. Heath and I installed that puppy. It involved a lot of shims and at one point I had to hold it tipped away from the house on that aweful ramp for a good 5 minutes while Heath caulked around the thing. He ran out of caulk part way into it and had to round more up, then reload. That is a heavy door!
Inside: that business on the floor is where my island goes, that is the plumbing for the sink. I build that wood tool box looking thing to keep my kids from damaging the pipes. yeah, I have mad carpentry skills. Before the doors went in, the kids liked to ride up the ramp in the front, through the house and out the back ramp. Drive thru!
I love the tall ceilings!
Window wells. All filled in. The kids can get out of the basement no problem. One day all the neighbor kids were over playing tag. It was like Whack-a-mole, watching little heads pop up every few seconds.


My grand bathtub. It really isn't that big, only 5 ft. But if you build it up, it looks pretty great!

2 comments:

Mitchell Family said...

Lori, I love it! What a fun house you are going to have. It looks so spacious and roomy. Good luck with all the fun decisions!

Jamie said...

I love it. Can't wait to come over and stay with you guys!!!