Monday, July 09, 2007

Little Firecrackers

This year we spent the 4th of July in Idaho at Grandma and Grandpa;s house. The weather was wonderful so there was lots of playing outside soaking up the sun. Dalton, Grayson, and Gabe kept the kids entertained the entire trip. They all jumped on the trampoline and squirted each other with the hose. We fried the grass with two double slip and slides. It wouldnn't be the 4th without some thing on the grill. I was a little nervous about our meat of choice, but tried it anyhow-buffalo. It was actually quite tasty. Grandpa sang a great rendition of Home on the Range as we enjoyed our buffalo burgers. I am quite sure I ate an entire watermelon over the course of just a few days. So yummy! The kids had a blast with Pop Its. Grandma had got a whole case. Dalton was the only kid really big enough to light anything, so along with Heath, they orchestrated a fine fireworks show at dark. Hayden was not too thrilled with the fireworks as they were too loud for him. Sage didn't mind though. I was afraid that the noise would be too much for my baby so I figured I should keep her inside and try to put her to bed, but all the loud bangs destroyed that plan. Finally, after a few failed attempts to put her down, I got sick of sitting inside by myself and took Marlee out to say goodnight. Not only did she not mind the loud noise, but she loved the lights and colors. Silly me, she wasn't tired, she was just wanting to be where the action was. Kind of funny, my 5 year old was scared of the fireworks, but my newborn thought they were great!
Sage was totally into the sparklers.

No comments: