Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Potty Training


Sage, is that a new scooter? Yesss! I pooped on the potty!

Potty training is painful. It has been a serious effort for several days now; would I say we have achieved victory yet? No.
She has not wet her panties since Saturday, day 1. Yeah Sage! However only Monday has showed promise on the other front...

The princess scooter was her big incentive- yeah right. We talked about it forever and then last Friday I just bought it and told her we would ride as soon as she went #2. Well, having the reward in the garage ready to go was no more tempting than the promise of a trip to Walmart to get it. I have come to realize that the bribes or prizes or whatever you want to call them, don't work with this child. I would pay to have somebody teach her to master the toilet. Its only been a few days, she is only 2 1/2, and she is doing a really good job, but its sorta exhausting. I think before long she will get it. Lets hope.

1 comment:

Jamie said...

Hooray! Good job Sage!
Sorry it has been going so rough for you guys, but at least you are making progress.