Friday, August 24, 2007

Pre K graduation

Hayden and his teacher, Miss Amber

Last night was Hayden's Pre-K graduation. He has gone to the daycare where I work for a few years, but stopped when Marlee was born. For the last 2 years he was in their preschool program soI had terrible guilt about pulling him so close to the end of the year. I sorta felt like he got no closure either since we pulled him the day the baby was born. It was so close to the end of the year, seemed sorta silly to drive so far for just a month or so.

We were tickled to be included in the graduation. Last night we show up and several of the boys yelled, "Hayden!" and came and gave him a hug and they ran off to visit. I noticed that this was happening all over the courtyard. Their teacher, Miss Amber seemed to be on the verge of tears and just kept hugging kids. It was soooo sweet. As the program went on, the kids were much more interested in catching up with each other that they hardly noticed the crowd of camera toting adults staring at them and trying to shush them.

It was a really fun night for our whole family. Sage loves miss Amber and she got to see her beloved, miss Sherri, the "Lunch lady." I loved that I got to visit with the other kids parents, who are also my co-workers and friends that I haven't seen since May. Turns out that all but 4 or 5 of the 28 kids had left early in the summer and had not seen each other for a couple of months. It was a darling reunion. We found out that three of them will be in Hayden's kindergarten class.

I was so proud of Hayden, and can't believe he is moving on to kindergarten in less than a week. He is extremely excited and his teacher assured me that he is so ready, but its very hard for me to send my little boy off to school. Tears will be shed, but not likely by Hayden.

No comments: