Thursday, March 06, 2008

10 months


10 months already! Marlee continues to grow and brighten our lives. Over the past month we watched our little one get into all kinds of trouble as she explores her world. From scattering all our DVDs to unrolling the toilet paper rolls, she seems to know just how to make a big mess. Last month she mastered crawling, now she seems to be trying to set speed records; whoa, can she move fast! Her goal in life is to climb the stairs without being caught. Boy, if I forget to block them, she is half way up before I even realize she is out of my arms. She actually is a great climber and we think she will figure out coming down pretty fast too. Stairs are not the only thing she enjoys climbing, I have found her standing on “The Chair,” a funny little toy chair that sings and talks, the dishwasher, and anybody lying on the floor. She loves to get on the treadmill; again, I think this is part of her funny personality, she loves to watch us run on it, and I think she sees herself using it when she sits on the belt. She sometimes will pull up to something and let go, standing on her own for a bit. It makes her quite proud to know that she has done it too. How long before she takes that first step??? I really am not in a hurry for that.
Sticking out her tongue-I don't know what to say other than she reminds me of my old dog Sam when she would catch a mole out of the woodpile. sorta gross. kinda funny. What a goof! Marlee is totally addicted to her binky now. It’s really strange to us, Hayden and Sage never showed an ounce of interest in binkies. I sort of think maybe it was not the brightest move on my part to let her develop this habit, just to turn around and try and break it in a few months. Oh well, she loves it.
Speaking of things she loves, new favorites are Ritz crackers, Mom’s keys (ew, gross!), debit/credit/gift cards (even grosser), computer keyboards, wrestling with dad, Hayden and Sage’s bedtime, riding in the stroller, being outside, the sound of her voice, baths, bits and pieces of stuff on the floor. Things she does not love: riding in the car at night-still, 11:00 church, dry scratchy grass, mom checking for new teeth, noisy tables at the chiropractor, watching mom walk away.

3 comments:

Jamie said...

She's such a sweetie, we loved seeing you guys this weekend.
I didn't know she loved Ritz crackers either, we had some here yesterday!

(I love to have that baby gap dress in the first picture back when you are done with it!!)

Mitchell Family said...

Marlee is such a doll! I love how she looks just like Hayden. She is sure growing up, and sounds like you are all loving it. Bitner has taken off walking, now that he is 1. It must have been that 1st b-day that told him that he could start. Maybe you'll have two more months :o).

Yin said...

She is very cute! I love the tongue picture!