Monday, April 14, 2008

Our Little Artist


Last month, Hayden's class did a weather unit. His teacher sent home a form that the kids could do a weather drawing and have it submitted to the newspaper. Hayden was pretty excited about it and drew "partly cloudy."
Well, we get the friday, saturday, sunday papers, and each time one comes, he always asks if someone in his class got their drawing in the paper. I have even gotten to the point where I just turn straight to the weather section. Friday, and Sunday, as ususal, we checked and were of course disappointed because we didn't know the artists. Usually my thought is that in the unlikely chance that he did get his picture published, it would probably be on a tuesday or sometime when we would never know. Well, today, he gets off the bus all excited to show me that he had been published. His teacher had clipped it out of the SATURDAY paper (the one untouched in our garbage can) and shown the whole class. He was sooooo proud. And, well, so am I! Way to go Hayden!

1 comment:

Yin said...

Wow!!! Congrats! Haiden!

Hey Lori! We are visiting my in-laws until sunday. We'll probably stop by the neighborhood some time. Hope to see you!