Thursday, April 17, 2008

Spring Break



Hayden's first Spring Break. ahh, we played hard. Seeing how I have been quite homesick, I decided that we needed more than just a way too short weekend to play in Seattle. Just the kids and I (just???) got to hang out for a few days and visit and do really cool stuff like roller skating and going to the Bouncy Place and even the Science Center for Hayden. A big thanks to cousin Avery for scouting out hot spots in town. It was so much fun!
Friday: We rolled into town nice and early. We went to dinner with my mom and dad at everyones fav, Red Robin. Apparently the mac and cheese was too much for poor Sage, she threw up all over the restaurant. It was aweful. And when I say all over, please know that I in no way am embellishing. Ask my mom. What a way to start the trip!
Saturday: well, the throwing up was an isolated incident, Sage was ready to tackle anything. We loaded up Cousin Jess and Grandma and headed up north where we gave Hayden to Auntie Shelly for the weekend (thanks aunt Shelly, you're awesome!) and us girls headed to Jenny's baby shower. Sage entertained all with her rendition of Drift Away, or if you ask her, "give me the beat boys and free my soul, i wanna get lost in your rock and roll and drift away." She prefers the long title. Marlee was entertained by Jessilyn and her cool purple finger nails. Those two made a connection, way cute!
Sunday: We had a belated Easter dinner. The WHOLE fam gathered at my dads. Boy, those events are totally worth the drive over. It is always so cool to have everyone under one roof. Lots of food and family. (only one missing was Heath:( ummm, I think my nephews are turning into giants. They soooo tower over me, and boy can they eat!


Monday: We bounced. The Bouncy place-soooo fun. Seeing as it was spring break, it was slightly more crowded than last time, but they had more bouncy toys so it wasn't terrible. Marlee got in on the jumping this time. She LOVED it. I had to limit my bouncing because my back is bad again. grrr. But the kids just bounced and bounced till they could bounce no more! It was great.
We went to dinner at Wally's with Mom and Mike and my Dad. Yum, the halibut was fabulous! No throwing up either, thankfully :)


Tuesday: Roller Skating! Oh my goodness, does it get any cuter? (actually yes, but we didn't know it at the time) This place was so cool. They played Disney music, had the tiniest skates, did the Hokey Pokey, and even let moms take strollers on the rink. At the end, the kids got an icy, which made the whole event even cooler. Then lunch at the Rock, mmmmm. Grandma wanted to take the kids to icecream after lunch, because apparently, all you can eat pizza does not fill them up sufficiently. Sage and Avery sharing a bowl of ice cream WAS the cutest thing ever.



Wednesday: After tearing Jamies house apart, we headed home. The fun had to end sometime, right?
Home sweet home, where Daddy was recovering from a nasty spell of the flu. We were lucky enough to miss it all. Poor guy had a miserable few days.

um, and are these photos amazing or what??? It is really great to have a sister with a great talent and a really nice camera! Thanks so much Jamie!

1 comment:

Yin said...

Great Speing break PICS!

We were there last week. I was able to see Stacy and her fam on friday. But Zev had a little accident and we could't stop by your house. Then we thought we would stay another week so I was planning on visiting again but we ended up leaving on sunday:( I'm sorry. I hope we can see you next time!