Thursday, May 15, 2008

Mother's Day 08



We sorta took the whole weekend to celebrate. Why not, huh?
Saturday we went on a bike ride along the river. It was so much fun. We went about 4 miles; I can't give you the exact number because after we stopped to take pictures, I forgot to restart the GPS again for a ways. opps. Heath and Hayden could have ridden all day long, but my back objected towards the end, and there is only so much you can ask of a 3 year old. Sage was such a trooper peddling away on her little bike with the training wheels. When the kids took their helmets off, they had sweaty hair! Marlee rode in the trailer with her little face pressed against the side to see out. She didn't make a peep the whole way. She seemed to enjoy herself though. What a gorgous day! Hayden made sure we all dipped our hands into the river to feel how cold it is. Guess we won't be making any swimming trips to the river yet. :)

Sunday, of course, was the chocolate breakfast, my most favorite tradition. It was decadent and wonderful. The kids were so excited to give me their gift. Hayden came up with the idea all by himself and was quite pleased with it. They got me a gift card to PF Changs! mmm, lettuce wraps in my near future. The secret had been killing Sage for a couple of days. She is terrible at secrets, but managed to not tell me. Hayden also made sure that i got some chocolate too. That boy is great, always looking out for me. The kids did handprints at primary. I love that. I remember doing handprints for my mom when i was in school. The cute little poem, makes me cry every time. I cried when Hayden gave me his card too. It said, "Mom, I give you my heart, love Hayden" He made a cute little heart pin too. His little handwritting is what did it, so precious.
My kids are so much fun. They went above and beyond to make it a special day for me. Heath too!

2 comments:

Yin said...

The pics are great! You all look very cute!

Happy mother's day!

Jamie said...

Great family picture on the rocks. You guys are the cutest!

Glad you had a nice Mother's Day, no one deserves it more. :)