Sunday, November 02, 2008

Give the Boy a Knife



OK, so its just a teeny tiny saw, but we let Hayden help carve pumpkins this year. He has begged to help carve for the last few years. Don't know why i agreed, 6 seems a bit young to carve, but he showed me this was not true. He did a great job. While I carved the Mario pumpkin, he did the mushroom one. Yes, that's what its supposed to be. I drew it, he carved it just right, so its my fault if no one can tell what it is. heehee.
I love carving pumpkins, its one of my favorite parts of halloween. When i was little, my dad would have me draw the faces on paper and then he would carve them out. He was kind of specific on what sort of things were allowed-no curves. Yup, pretty much the standard triangle jacks. (don't tell him, but BORING!)
Well, must say, carving gets to be a task. Heath has zero interest in carving so he guts them for me and then disappears. This year it was really nice to have a buddy to carve with. Hayden was very patient and just kept sawing away. We had a really great time.

5 comments:

Allison said...

Oh, those are really cool! I can't believe you drew them! Talented!

Yin said...

YES! they are super cool!
I love them! you guys did a great job!

Mitchell Family said...

You guys are way too talented for me. We ususally stick with a boring old Jack o lantern face. Looks like fun!

Jamie said...

Wow so impressed with Hayden carving a pumpkin! He did better than I do.. :)

MaKayle said...

We love the Mario theme you guys seemed to have this year. I think Luke would've much preferred to be Mario than a bumble bee!

P.S. I found the Bit O' Honey at the dollar tree. Bought way too much if you want to come get some ;)