Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Fruity

Well, not a lot going on, so I thought maybe a little braggin needs to happen. :) We did well on our fruit trees again this year. The pears knocked our socks off. They were awesome. We had way more than we could eat, so we canned. This would be our first experience canning, and I must admit, I quite enjoyed it. When I was little, mom always canned all kinds of things. (man, I would kill for that salsa recipe) I loved to hear the little pop as the jars sealed. So I must tell you that there was great pride when my own pears gave the tell-tale pop. And are they soooo beautiful? Never seen any prettier!

3 comments:

Jamie said...

VERY cool! And how much will you love your pears in the middle of winter? :)

Allison said...

Wow, you have your own pear trees??? Way to go doing your first canning...they DO look beautiful! (I also love that "pop"...it's like a huge relief that all that work was worth it!)

Allison said...

Oh, and if you get that salsa recipe, pass it along! I'm hoping for a good one for next year!