Sunday, October 21, 2007

The Sweater

So 6 years ago I found out I was pregnant for the first time. Heath and I were very excited and wanted to buy something for the baby. Not knowing if it was a boy or a girl, we bought a t shirt with a basketball on it(boy) and a rainbow sweater with a cute star(girl) . We had to buy something for each sex as we didn't want to seem to be tipping the scales in either direction. Well, we had a boy-yes, old news. The basketball shirt was really cute, we have had many more basketball shirts, some cute football, soccer and all other sport related clothes in varying shades of blues. We have boxes of way fun boy stuff. But, I was sorta sad to put the sweater away, however a little part of me knew that it would see its day. Well, then Miss Sage came along and I was tickled to pull out the rainbow sweater, a few years old, never been worn, tag still on. It was darling on her as I imagined when we bought it. Anyway, that is the history of the sweater. Well, it was pretty special when I pulled it out of the box a few weeks ago. I recalled the excitement of the original purchase, the hope upon packing it away, and the joy of getting to use it after all with Sage and now, with Marlee, it just seems like a great reminder of what a joy each of my children are. I still love this sweater.
This is Marlee in the sweater at 5 months old. I have a cute picture of Sage at 4 months in the sweater as well, but Blogger does not seem to like it and won't let me put it on here. You would have enjoyed it very much and probably left me a comment on how much they look alike.

1 comment:

Jamie said...

She is THE cutest. That reminds me of my old Rainbow Bright doll with the carrying case. :)
Never knew the story of "the sweater", but it is so sweet!