Monday, November 05, 2007

Miss Marlee is 6 months

Our sweet Marlee is half way to one! I have had so much fun with her this month. She has found that there is so much to explore and learn. Her dad was finally able to load her up in the back pack; we got that thing with Hayden, and it's on the top of Heath's list of essential baby gear. She loves to be up high where she can get a good view of all that is happening around her, and this month, there was so much to see. On the feeding front: cereal is not so much her thing, but we added veggies, and eating is a whole new ball game! We started out with green beans, my fav. She attacked the spoon with each bite, and continues to. Marlee has happily sucked down peas, carrots, sweet potatoes, and squash in addition to the beans. She also got to start some fruit, and hard to believe it is possible, but seems to enjoy them even more-I know, shocking! Slow start, have only tried pears and applesauce, but soooo looking forward to peaches and prunes. Cereal even seems to have gained favor since the selection has expanded. Yum. Big brother and sister can't believe she eats that stuff, however both get extremely proud when she wears the bib that says "I love my big brother/sister. " She loves to chew. She can jam her entire fist in her mouth. Paper is a favorite toy. She slimed up coasters at restaurants all over town this month. She has these wrist rattles that she can't get enough of; Marlee most prefers the pink pig. They go in the mouth too, all that sticks out is the green band.

It’s the best when you set a baby down and they curl into a ball, well, Marlee is no exception. One of my favorite baby tricks, she has taken to chewing on her toes. She talks to her feet and loves to pull her socks off. Her dad can’t deal with this, so he must always put her cute shoes on, pink sketchers that he had bought for Sage, way back when. We love hand-me-downs. A big thanks to cousin Avery, who supplied much of the wardrobe for this month. Miss Marlee is still quite long, 95th percentile, and we can now dress her in 6-12 mo sizes, woo hoo, the cute stuff!
Mom and Hayden continue to be her favorites. But she is getting to be friendly with all. Kids especially get her wiggling. She is dying to be mobile and chase after them. Just the sight of her brother and sister makes her laugh. Got to watch her when we set her down, because she is a roly poly. She is a talker. I was noticing her verbal skills last month, but there is no doubt about it, she is a chatterbox. Not sure what it is she is saying, but she has a lot on her mind.

2 comments:

Yin said...

Oh... My! I know Zev's only 18 months, but I had forgotten all about starting solids and all that fun stuff of little babys. WHAT AM I GETTING IN TO??? I have to start all over again! Hahahaha... They are so cute! I enjoy looking at your pics.

Jamie said...

Happy half-birthday Marlee!!
I remember so clearly when Avery was 6 months old, so much fun and such a cute age.
Can't wait to see you guys, and I should have some more hand-me-downs for ua :) She's lookin good in the "cute" shirt too, LOVE IT!