Sunday, July 13, 2008

Our 4th





OK, I know, total slacker! The 4th was over a week ago, but I've been really busy. We had Jamie and Kyle and Avery here and it was soooo much fun. Jamie actually put a fabulous post about it at her site :All Things Avery
We started out with a big ol pancake breakfast, then headed out for a bit of geocaching. We found 1 of 2, but the 2nd one seemed like perhaps someone else had found it and not returned it :( The kids love to take turns carrying around the GPS and treasure bag.
After some power napping, it was time to get serious about the celebration. We made some cute 4th of July crowns. Sage and Avery were extra excited, as every princess would be to have a new crown (or corona, as Dora might say). Marlee was happy to have one of her own too. I found the cutest straws at Target that were perfect for the project. I did not realize that they could also serve as pom poms, an added bonus.
The kids tossed around pop its in the driveway. We also had glow sticks for when it got dark-Pretty risky! We grilled and then headed to the river for the big show. Hayden and Sage crawled into my lap and watched the show. About two big booms in, Sage says to me, "Mom, this is fun, can we do it again?"
The whole weekend was tons of fun. We boated, played Wii, and got the world's absolute worst service ever at Wendys. Not even kidding on that last part.
I loved having them here. I especially liked to watch Sage and Avery play. Sage is sorta lacking in the little girl friends department. They are both at a great age and get along really well and are so darn cute. They both love Dora, and pink and dress up. I figure only another year or so and Marlee will jump right in there with them. Don't feel to bad for Hayden, he got plenty of boy time with Heath and Uncle Kyle playing video games. And that was only the warm up for his week with his cousins.

2 comments:

MaKayle said...

Looks like fun! The kids are getting so big! We're way excited to see you guys in Panguitch!

I know I'll never live down the whole bacon thing! Surprisingly, I think I've only had like one peice in the last 2 years!

wind runner said...

Wow! Those hats are awesome! I love your blog Lori!! Fun fourth!