Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Let Them Eat Cake!

OK, so hyperglycemia might be an issue around here this month. We have had a lot of cake. Sage loves to cook and looks for reasons to wear her apron that my grandma made her. So we bake!

Groundhogs: Who doesn't love Groundhogs day? We had made these cupcakes in the past, and they are so darn cute. We had a really fun night even though the nasty little rodent saw his shadow. The kids had a blast and made an enormous mess. Heath even hobbled over to the table to help. Looks just like Phil, huh?




Valentines: because there just isn't enough chocolate at valentines day, we needed cupcakes. Luckily, I sent most of them to Heath's office and some to my girls at work.

Mardi Gras Kings Cake: Growing up, I can remember some friends bringing us back a kings cake from New Orleans after they went down for Mardi Gras. Loved it. Beads too! Sage and I decided to make our own version this year. Very tasty! Marlee got the baby in hers. :)

March is national nutrition month, so we will probably try some healthier options for snacks.

5 comments:

dots said...

Those are way cute creations!! I loved the mardi gras one too...but really, what is that? I saw at Walmart they had a mardi gras section by the registers...those groundhogs are way cool too, how did you make those?

Allison said...

Whoever thought to make March National Health food month, or whatever it is, really had their thinking cap on!

Adorable groundhog cupcakes!

Amy said...

Cupcakes are enough to make anyone happy! I love the mardi gras cake too. Cake, cake and more cake. I'm thinking maybe I should make a cake...

Unknown said...

Hi Lori,
I remember those groundhogs from last year. You make everyone else look bad with all of your creative baking ideas. (well at least me)Hope all is well. When are you guys coming over for a visit. The house is almost done. We can't wait.

Jamie said...

I remember the Kings Cake with the baby! Too fun... but a little weird now that I really think about it.
You are a crafty momma for sure.