Friday, February 06, 2009

Surgery

Whew, what a week! Tuesday was Sage's check up. Wednesday, Heath spent the evening at the after hours pediatric clinic with Hayden for a raging ear infection. Then to cap off a week of medical fun, Heath had his ACL repair surgery. Needless to say, we have already met the medical deductible for the year.
Heath had his surgery today at noon. I worked the morning and then hung out at the surgery center so I could chat with the doc. He told me that the surgery went great and that I would have my husband back at 100% in about 6 months or so. Then as Heath was coming to, I got to go back and be with him. The nurse unloaded so many instructions on me; not sure what all I have missed, but there is no way that I got all that. No weight bearing this weekend. I have to empty the JP drain, meds every 4 hrs. around the clock. ice, brace. Follow up Monday to get the drain out. "oh, and did you bring crutches with you?" No, why would I? So then off to the home medical store. Believe it or not we made it home, after I tried to pass out when they showed me how much blood had saturated his bandages. Yikes! The kids were very concerned and tried really hard to help out. Marlee just wanted to snuggle with daddy. It was very sweet. Poor guy is totally drugged and can hardly move. He is not in much pain because he got a femoral block. His leg is pretty much dead. However, it should wear off soon, and then the real fun begins.
Two angels, Kara and Joe, brough us dinner. So grateful, there are not words!!!
Should be an interesting weekend....

2 comments:

MaKayle said...

I was gonna e-mail ya to see how the surgery went but now I know! Glad that everyone's alive! Sorry for all the 'medical' problems this week. No fun! I would know! ;)

Mitchell Family said...

Lori- It's been a while since surgery now, how are all of you? I hope that Heath is feeling better, and that you are surviving taking care of everyone! Good Luck!