Friday, April 13, 2007

Easter

SoI stink at the whole blog thing, I know. Its been a rough few months for me dealing with pregnancy and all its complications, 2 very busy kids and everything else life throws my way. I don't mean to complain, really thats not what I am doing, just trying to make excuses for my guilt of not blogging in 2 MONTHS!!! Promises to do better-we all know thats not likely to change, especially with the arrival of number 3. But who knows, maybe her arrival will get me going again. We can only hope.


So, Easter was very memorable this year. We headed for Seattle Friday after staying home sick from work. Sage and I had caught a nasty cold. Low and behold, many of my family members in Seattle were sick with the same thing, so the worry of passing it on was lessened. So sorry to any of you who were previously healthy before our arrival and got more than just a chocolate bunny for the holiday.


Saturday morning we had tentatively planned to go to an egg hunt with the Kimballs, but poor Avery was not feeling up for it, so we scanned the newspaper and found one close to my dads house at a church. Not really feeling all that great still, Heath and I were probably not in the best of moods for an egg hunt, but it was for the kids and they were pretty excited. My mom tagged along, and it was an amazing time. The hunt was very well planned, tons of eggs, small crowds and they were going to divide into different age groups and stagger the starts so that camera wielding moms like me could get pictures of both kids as they hunted. Great plan, however turns out that the 4-6 year old age group sorta jumped the gun and finished before the toddlers even got going. Sorry Hayden, no pictures of your hunt. Sage was thrilled to hunt on the little tot playground. She filled her entire bucket in minutes. There were still tons of eggs left but we decided to show a little restraint and quit. Some of the eggs had coupons for prizes. Sage got a ticket that said Grand prize. She won a really "cute" bunny. It plays a "cute" song and does a "cute" dance. Ask anybody in my family, they can sing you the song and show you the motions. She loves it! She strolled it around in her little doll stroller and slept with it for a few nights. Hayden did really well too. Same story, tons of eggs, filled his basket and then decided to help other kids that didn't have as many eggs. Heath says he picked the cutest girls to help. His dad was proud.


We had a blast dying eggs at Jamie and Kyles house that night. Hayden was pretty tricky with the two toned eggs, while Sage was soley into pink eggs-who needs a dipper when you got fingers?! (very bright pink fingers). Easter morning when I cracked open an egg, Hayden was very upset that I would eat one of his masterpieces, while Sage was disgusted that it was not pink on the inside. My funny kids.


The whole family gathered for a wonderful brunch. It was good to have such wonderful company to distract me from all the candy. However, my blood sugar control was excellent throughout the day even with a bite sized snickers and a couple of peanut M & Ms. GDM sucks!



We had another egg hunt, with more candy. The kids were very cute hunting. All in all it was a wonderful weekend. Got lots of great family photos, I was reluctant to take much with my enormous belly, but as everyone told me, thats how i look right now, its a true reflection of the day.




No comments: