Thursday, January 31, 2008

Snowed In



Last Saturday I worked; about the time I started to pack up to head home, I noticed that it was looking a bit white outside. I soooo hate driving in the snow, so I was less than pleased about this. Well, it was worse than I thought. It was ice falling. By the time I got to the car and scraped all the windows (no ice scraper in the van of course) it had turned to freezing rain. The normally 30 minute drive turned into well over an hour. It was nasty, we got about a half inch of ice coating everything. Well, then it turned to snow.
Sunday we woke up to about an inch or so-over the ice! Church was cancelled so we just hung out and played. It snowed all day! When all was said and done, we got 7 inches. Pretty cool. Hayden got an extra long weekend when school was cancelled on Monday and Tuesday. Thanks to warmer temperatures and some wind, we have gotten rid of most of the white stuff, but ruins of a few snowmen and a snow fort are still hangin on-barely! Luckily we got to send Hayden back to school too.

1 comment:

Yin said...

WOW!!! I miss the snow, just a litte bit! Well... not really. Jajaja... I'm sure my girls do though. They have asked me: "When is Christmas and the snow going to be? we want to play in the snow!"