Friday, January 11, 2008

Snowy Day

A bit of snow fell this week. I love the snow! I love to watch it, it is so peaceful and pretty. Growing up, it always bothered me when people would walk in our yard and disturb the snow.
Well, with kids of my own, disturbed snow, means kids at play, and that makes me happy. I used to love it when they cancelled school, now I just hope they don't. What a paradigm shift!

Sage likes to make snow angels, but since it was still snowing quite a bit, she did not appreciate the flakes in her eyes


The kids love the movie Frosty the snowman, I think they can both just about recite it. Well, last year, Hayden really wanted to make a snow man just like Frosty, but we never got enough snow to even bother putting boots on for. It has snowed a few times this year, but just like last year, it has been a light dusting, gone before lunch. So tuesday, when we had over an inch or so, we were able to make our snowman. Our snow was great for packing-real wet! Wouldn't you know it, I was out of carrots (I put off grocery shopping because of the snow) so we used broccoli for the nose and buttons. Hayden was concerned that he didn't have arms, but I thought he was quite a guy!

1 comment:

Yin said...

Wow!! It looks like lots of fun! It is different to have a warm winter, it didn't feel very Christmasy. We'll have to get used to it.

Marlee looks precious!