Thursday, February 14, 2008

Be Mine


Valentine's Day is winding down, but it was a really good one at our house. My sweet kids woke up ready to spread the love. Hayden made my bed and really wanted to make me breakfast (toast with jelly), but instead agreed to me making something tasty and nutritious. We had a lovely breakfast before rushing out the door to deliver him to school. Marlee napped at Diana's so that Sage and I could go to Hayden's valentine party at school. Wow, 25 hyper kindergartners; even Sage was overwhelmed. It looked like Halloween, only red and pink. So many cookies, cupcakes, suckers and candy hearts! It was way fun. I loved to watch the kids open a card, see who it was from and see the look of gratitude on their face. Precious. I told Hayden about when i was in 5th grade, there was a boy named James in my class and he was sorta mean. He always teased all the girls. He always picked on me about my freckles; I thought he was such a jerk. Well, on Valentines day, he showed up with out cards, but had taken the time to write a little note or poem to each girl. Mine was simple, but 20 years later, I remember: Roses are red, violets are blue, freckles are nice, and so are you. OK, it was 5th grade, that was pretty nice.
So anyhow, after the party the kids and I took Heath cookies at his office. We had a little valentine gift too, but found out that Sage had already told him what it was the night before-Sage is terrible at secrets, but she thinks they are great. We completely disrupted the office, but I don't think anyone really minded all that much.
Lunch, naps, gymnastics, then we met Heath for dinner at "the pasta house" as the kids call it. yum! It was a rushed dinner though, since we had to make it to Heath's basketball game. It was a fun game, they lost in the last second though, major bummer!

There was a very loving atmosphere around our house today and it was wonderful. Not that we usually hate each other or anything, but today was very special and I really hope that we work to keep that nice spirit in our home.
Hayden wrote the sweetest note to me this morning. They have been working on spelling things phonetically at school and he really seems to do a good job. He has pretty good handwriting too! I could totally brag all day about my smart boy. He wows me each time I help in his class. ("Couldn't have a better mom then you," if you didn't already figure it out).

2 comments:

Jamie said...

Hayden's note is so sweet, made me tear up a little :)
And you know, he's right.

Yin said...

Very Sweet! I'm happy for your wonderful valentines!