Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Olympics


So, I finally found the cure to Post-Twilight depression.
The Olympics!
Did you love them? We did.
We kicked them off with a opening ceremonies party. We had yummy Chinese food and good friends. We played the Wii-Mario vs Sonic Olympics, tried to do another game with frozen T-shirts that didn't quite work out like Family Fun said it would. It was a fun night. The opening ceremonies were phenomenal! I stayed up all through the parade of nations and fell asleep right before they lit the flame. Then I proceeded to try to stay up well past midnight everynight for the duration.

Heath and I were jumping up and down watching Michael Phelps swim. I was so excited for the mens gymnastics bronze. Nastia, Shawn...fabulous! Love all things gymnastics. Women's Beach volleyball was Heaths favorite, hmmm, wonder why. Hayden loved the basketball. Sage's favorite was the syncronized diving. She told me that she wants to dive in the next Olympics-go for it Sis, we will be there to cheer you on. She will only be 7, maybe she can dive for China, they like them young. Track and field was sorta disappointing. The 4x100 relays had me so mad I could hardly keep watching. But some of the later events were fun. The sweep in the 400 was really fun to watch. It was so great. Hayden keeps wandering about humming the Olympic Theme and I am already planning to go to the Vancouver Winter Games in 2010. Now, I just need to figure out what to do with my evenings.

1 comment:

Amy said...

We were totally into the Olympics too! Heath and I loved the same event, womens beach volleyball, but probably for different reasons.