Monday, August 25, 2008

1st Grade

I can't believe that summer is over! What happened? I swear it was just last week that I took the girls to the craft store to stock up on supplies to keep us busy this summer before school was out. As if that was necessary!
Hayden starts school tomorrow. 1st grade! Wow. We met his teacher today and got to see lots of friends from Kindergarten. He is getting to be so grown up. As I was unloading his school supplies, I watched him visit with his buddies Braxton and Rylie. They talked about the places they went and what all they had been doing for the past few months and then chatted about video games then the Olympics and it really hit me that he is not such a little guy anymore. I tried to keep from getting emotional but it was definetly a moment for me. Tomorrow he will head off to 1st grade, and be gone all day. Don't get me wrong, I am soooo looking forward to this, but it is also so hard to let him go. All day, that is a long time. I am really going to miss him, he is an incredible kid. So smart, so kind, so sensitive. I couldn't be prouder. I think the girls are going to have a tough time too. Sage is going to be lost without her big brother to play with. Marlee loves to wrestle with him and lights up EVERY time he walks into the room. He is so good to both of them.
So, 1st graders are pretty grown up. Hayden got a new Nike backpack because the old Spiderman one was for Kindergarteners. He has his own hair products because he likes to style his hair in the morning just right. He is excited to ride the bus. We got him a lunchable at the store today for him to take for his lunch-he thinks those are for special occasions. And he says that 2 recesses is pretty cool too. I know he is going to do well. I just think I need another week to get me ready for this.
Hayden and his teacher

1 comment:

Yin said...

Oh... my... 1st grade! Hes so big. He looks so handsome!

mmm.... I know, we are missing Ceci too. Kindergarten in Texas is from 7:40AM to 2:45PM. So, it has been hard this past two days. We'll have to get used to.