Monday, August 25, 2008

Tail End




So we had an incredibly busy summer. Last week we took a final trip to Seattle just the kids and I. It was too short as always. We happened to pick the worst weather of the summer for our week, but that barely slowed us down. We took off Sunday after church and got to my dads in time to watch some of the gymnastics.
Monday we went to Saltwater Park, a place I spent a lot of time at over the years growing up. What a nostalgic place! It poured on us, but that was OK. We checked out barnacles, and looked for shells. I think Marlee might have eaten some seaweed, but I am not sure. Hayden climbed the rocks and Marlee desperatly wanted to swim in the Sound, but as it was maybe 60 degrees, I wouldn't let her (oh yeah, and she can't swim). Sage was a bit more hesitant than the others, she was really bummed that the snack bar was closed.
We went at low tide and boy, was it low! There was an Army ship right off the shore doing cleanup of the bottom of the Sound. Pretty cool to watch. Hayden had been hoping to make a sand castle, but the park sand is too soft until it turns into rocks. hmmm, maybe we will have to take a trip to somewhere with great beaches for building sandcastles soon.


My Mom and Dad put together a great BBQ for the whole fam that night. It was way fun to see everyone-totally makes it worth the drive just for that.
Tuesday we bounced at a new bouncy place. Marlee showed her agressive side when any kids tried to take her ball. Sorta eye-opening for me. I have seen her get down and dirty at home wrestling with her dad and brother, but never to strangers. going to have to work on that. We did a little shopping at the outlet mall in North Bend with Avery and Jamie-Good stuff! Aunt Shelly took Hayden and Sage for the night. Wow! Marlee and me went to dinner with my parents and it was so peaceful. I got to check out the new Southcenter mall. Fabulous!
Wednesday, me and Marlee had lunch with Grandma Bird and Marie. We may have done some damage at Lasting Memories Scrapbook store. It was very nice to spend time with them. Then I got my kiddos back. They were totally exhausted-good work Shelly and Brianna! Dinner with Jamie and Kyle. Avery had some great books-Fancy Nancy and Alice the Fairy. Sage hopes to aquire them soon.
Thursday we hit the Rock before heading home.
Some of you may notice that there are certain things I do pretty much everytime I go to Seattle. Its never enough though. Sometimes its hard to be so far away. I hated all the nasty traffic, the rain was a drag, and its always hard to be away from Heath, but getting to see everyone was wonderful. I had a great trip and can't wait till we go back again.

1 comment:

Yin said...

I love Seattle! It's so much FUN!
We sure miss it!