Wednesday, May 16, 2007

FIVE!


Five years ago today my life was dramatically changed for the better. I became a mom :) Today is my Hayden's 5th birthday. 5. I find that hard to grasp. 5. I can't remember life without him. He is such a cool kid. I couldn't be prouder of the boy that he has become.



To celebrate his birthday, we had a party for him at Chuck E. Cheese last night. He had never been, but all his friends had. Now, this kid gets very excited about the game room at WalMart, so needless to say, Chuck E. Cheese was big fun. This will shock some, but he was quite scared of the mechanical singing chucky and friends, but the games were far away from those frightening things so it was OK. At the end of the night he had 44 tickets which he traded in for some tootsie rolls and a few other trinkets that promptly got lost or broken. It was a great success. Sage thought it was pretty great too. Marlee slept through most of the party, she didn't seem to notice the chaos around her.




Hayden said goodbye to his classmates today. He took cupcakes to his friends and spent a few hours with them on a field trip. It was sad to say goodbye, some of the kids he has known for years. He has a few really good buddies. His teacher is really wonderful too; it was hard to tell her goodbye.


Tonight we continued Hayden's celebration at Red Robin, just the 5 of us. :) He loved that he got balloons and a sundae and that they sang to him. Sage was miffed that she didn't get any presents or sundae of her own. 2 1/2 is tough. He had a tee ball game and did awesome. A week in Idaho with his grandpa and cousins and a few days of practice with dad has done amazing things for this boy. He is pretty good, and I'm not just saying that because I am his mom!


5. That is a big number. I don't know where the time went. Its been an amazing journey so far, I can't wait to see what the next few years hold for us. He is so fun, I am sure it will be even better.


No comments: