Monday, May 14, 2007

A Happy Mother's day


We had a quiet mother's day. The day started with one of my favorite traditions, the chocolate breakfast. Fresh off my GDM diet, I am still a little nervous to go so high carb, however tradition is tradition and can't fight that. We had our chocolate fondue with fresh berries and instead of chocolate chip pancakes, we went with German Pancakes. Very tasty.
Me and Marlee took a nap while Heath took the kids to church. After a long week of playing and traveling, we all took a good nap during the afternoon and just hung out and relaxed. It was a peaceful day. Dinner was Baby back ribs, baked sweet potatoe, spinach salad and sparkling cider. I loved sparkling cider as a kid, it always made special occasions seem even more important. Its fun to watch the kids when I pull out the cider and fancy glasses. They get really excited and know that it must be a special meal.

Also tradition, we took photos to mark the occasion. The best gift this mother's day? Having everyone home. I missed my kids! I swear Sage is a foot taller and about 20# heavier. I don't know how I lugged her around all through being pregnant. A week with just tiny little Marlee and Sage seems like a giant. She is conversing even more than before her trip, how is that possible, I don't even know.


Hayden is so excited to get to see his baby sister again. All he wants to do is hold her. He cries if I tell him no (He always wants to hold her when i am feeding her). He has played a lot of baseball over the past week, because his catching and throwing skills have improved dramatically. Keeping up with the big kids has been good for him.

Both are covered in scrapes and bruises, sure signs of hard play outside with the cousins. They had a great time and I am so glad. I feel a little guilt because we will probably be really bored for the next few weeks while we adjust to three and try to figure out feeding schedules and naps and such. Luckily the kids are pretty patient with me (wish I could say the same for me!)


No comments: